Chartered Insurance Broker Status
Alan & Thomas Insurance Group are extremely proud to be one of only 225 insurance brokers in the UK* to have been awarded the prestigious title of Chartered Insurance Broker by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII). Furthermore, we are the only independent broker in Dorset to have achieved this status and have been awarded the title for seven consecutive years having first received the accolade in 2007.
The award is given to those insurance brokers who pass a demanding annual inspection to prove they can demonstrate their professional commitment to raising standards of knowledge, capability and ethical practice within the insurance industry. Recognised as the “Gold Standard” within the insurance sector, it proves to clients that they can expect the very highest qualities of expertise, service and advice on a consistent basis.
Here at Alan & Thomas, we are committed to raising standards within the insurance broking industry and can now claim that over half of our seventy strong work force have obtained CII qualifications.
Chartered Status – what it means for you as a client
- This title is only awarded to Insurance Brokers committed to developing and maintaining the knowledge and capability of their people so they can deliver the highest quality advice.
- Chartered firms must also follow a demanding code of ethical practice. This means we must work in an ethical manner that places clients’ interests at the heart of the advice we give.
- Chartered status – granted by the Privy Council – is the industry’s gold standard for insurance brokers and is currently met by fewer than 225 firms* across the country.
Why should you use a firm of Chartered Insurance Brokers?
Chartered status brings with it serious obligations. We are required to ensure that advice, service and ongoing support we provide to you is:
- Of the highest quality
- Based solely on your researched needs
- Provided by someone operating within their level of competency
We meet our obligations in a number of ways:
- A commitment to the technical and professional development of staff through professional qualifications
- All staff members who deal with clients belong to the industry’s professional body, the CII, and adhere to its Code of Ethics, which is enforced through disciplinary sanctions
- We adhere to the CII’s continuing professional development requirements, ensuring our staff keep their knowledge and skill-set up-to-date
What we have to say
Alan & Thomas CEO Julian Boughton is rightly proud that we have been awarded the seal of approval from the CII, “We are delighted to be a Chartered Insurance Broker; it is testament to the professionalism and expertise of our team. Having this recognition is very important to us as it illustrates our exceptional standards and our integrity to our clients, which is more important than ever in today’s business climate”.
“We are finding more and more that private individuals and business owners are looking for advisers who carry Chartered Status as recognised by their industry body. Many would not dream of dealing with a firm of non-chartered accountants and once made aware of the benefits of dealing with a Chartered Insurance Broker, they understand the difference and all the assurances Chartered Insurance Broker status brings. Clients rightfully expect to deal with individuals and firms who can evidence and provide first-class service, advice and support. Having Chartered Status means that we are recognised for doing just that by our industry body”.
“We have an enviable client list and we know that many of these choose to engage us to look after their insurances not only as a result of us being an independent broker with Chartered Status but also due to our different approach and quality of advice. We implement a full risk management critique at the outset, which not only includes policy cover clients already have in place but also identifies any gaps in cover. This gives the client confidence and peace of mind that they are fully covered.”
* As at 5 January 2015